Supporting emissions reduction and removal projects to decarbonize industries
Climate change presents an urgent challenge to organizations across the globe. To meet this challenge, businesses are taking steps to decarbonize their operations to reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
However, it is nearly impossible for even the most energy-efficient and sustainable organizations to completely avoid activities that result in harmful GHG emissions. Through supporting or developing carbon reduction and removal projects, 3Degrees helps businesses take immediate action on their Scope 1 (direct) and Scope 3 (indirect) GHG emissions.
What is a Carbon Offset?
A carbon offset is a scientifically quantified reduction in greenhouse gas emissions created when one metric ton of greenhouse gas is captured, avoided or destroyed in order to compensate for an equivalent emission made elsewhere. All offsets our customer’s support have been third party verified to meet rigorous qualification and quantification standards created by environmental non-profit organizations.
Carbon offset partners
The 3Degrees Difference
3Degrees is the leading North American carbon specialist with deep expertise managing voluntary offset projects and developing new carbon reduction and removal projects.
Our unparalleled industry experience, and diverse project portfolio offers clients the flexibility to address their Scope 1 and Scope 3 emissions by supporting carbon offset projects that will directly meet evolving corporate commitments. In addition to providing clients with a portfolio of high-quality credits from existing projects, 3Degrees’ clients also have the opportunity to support the development of new emissions reduction projects within their own industry or supply chain.
Our carbon neutral shipping initiative is a major milestone within our larger commitment to act urgently and aggressively in the fight against climate change. We are excited to partner with 3Degrees in order to support projects with a high level of environmental integrity that will evolve with our growing needs.
Common Project Types
View some of our project profiles
Carbon Offset Project Criteria
- Additionality: Evidence that the project’s emission reductions would not have been achieved without the promise of funding from carbon offset sales
- Quantification: Evidence that the emission reductions have been achieved using a rigorous and conservative quantification methodology
- Verification: Assurance of such evidence and quantification by an accredited third party verifier
- Registration: Issuance, tracking, and retirement on a third-party public registry
Beyond these minimum standards, offset purchasers may also consider additional criteria:
- Co-Benefits: Does the offset project provide other environmental or social benefits (e.g., reduction in local/non-climate air pollutants, improved water quality, biodiversity, etc.)?
- Project Participants: Who benefits from the sale of the offsets?
- Industry Connections: Is the project directly related to a buyer’s community, industry or supply chain?
See how Darigold is investing in technology to reduce methane emissions, improve water management, and promote sustainable agriculture on its journey to carbon neutrality.
3Degrees develops carbon offset projects that are third-party verified and registered under one of the internationally recognized carbon offset standards. Your organization’s carbon offset investment is guaranteed to produce real, measurable and permanent results that make an impact.
We work with the following independent not-for-profit organizations:
CARBON OFFSET STANDARDS
EARN LEED POINTS
Interested in earning LEED points to achieve the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Power & Carbon Offset Credit? Our 3Degrees LEED-accredited experts can help. Learn more.
* Project Developer of the Year – Climate Action Reserve in 2016