Global advisory and transaction services to help you control cost, mitigate risk and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
At 3Degrees, we work side by side with companies, municipalities and universities that want to reduce their climate impact. Our team provides a full suite of consulting services and product solutions to help you develop and implement greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction strategies that save money, hedge against volatile energy costs and reduce the environmental impact of operations — all while facilitating the development of renewable energy and carbon mitigation projects. We value transparency, collaboration and communication and apply these tenets throughout the process as we work with our clients to develop a customized decarbonization roadmap and help to put it into action.
HOW 3DEGREES CAN HELP YOU:
Have GHG reduction or renewable energy goals? We make sure you meet them in a way that optimizes your priorities, which for many companies includes reducing cost, maximizing environmental impact, and connecting with their stakeholders. We look at all current market mechanisms that meet your criteria, including:
- Domestic or international RECs
- Domestic or international offsets
- On-site solar
- Shared solar
- Remote net metering
- Green utility tariffs
- Physical PPA
- Virtual PPA
And if you want to structure a deal or develop a product that doesn’t exist yet, we’ll find the right developers or investors to bring that vision to reality.
Don’t have a goal yet? We can help you there, too. We’ll guide you through decisions related to the type of target (science-based, absolute, or intensity), the level of ambition appropriate for your organization, operational impacts of data collection, and most important, what the cost, in resources and time, will be to meet it.
Download our Renewable Energy Procurement one-pager.
comprehensive Renewable Energy Procurement services
BUILD A FOUNDATION FOR TRANSACTION READINESS:
- Identify departmental interdependencies
- Align objectives, preferences, and constraints
- Educate and build support across deal team and stakeholders
- Establish executive sponsorship and mandate
DESIGN STRATEGY BASED ON INTERNAL DIRECTION:
- Refine objectives, preferences, constraints
- Perform load and tariff analysis
- Develop strategy and implementation plan
IDENTIFY AND ASSESS PROJECT SELECTION:
- Perform developer and project due diligence, analyzing deal economics
- Assess risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Develop deal terms and finalize term sheet
ASSESS AND MITIGATE RISK:
- Test & confirm deal valuation with detailed scenario analysis
- Confirm accounting treatment
- Negotiate and sign PPA
ASSIST WITH POST-CONTRACT EXECUTION NEEDS:
- Provide contract management
- Advise on environmental claims
- Support GHG accounting and reporting, Green-e Energy status
- Review marketing best practices
What makes us different
- Comprehensive solutions to meet your needs: We recognize that, although a 200 MW PPA is right for some organizations, it isn’t right for all. Our Advisory and Transaction Services are designed to meet clients at all stages of implementation and who represent a wide range of load profiles – from high use data centers to distributed midsize demand. We use a broad market view to identify the best-fit solutions across multiple criteria including cost, risk, location, and impact. Our holistic approach gets you the most savvy, cost-effective strategies and opportunities for meeting your renewable energy or GHG reduction goals.
- Focused on alignment to drive action: Stakeholder engagement is key to the development and implementation of a successful climate reduction roadmap. We understand how important it is to educate the right people within the organization to prevent unexpected bumps later in the process. We work with you to identify all relevant stakeholders, develop a common vision and build enthusiastic support for the effort in order to obtain the necessary approvals for action. Our goal is to help you achieve something big.
- A trusted partner: We believe it’s our job to tell you the good news and the hard truths. While this isn’t rocket science, the complexity of the energy markets should not be underestimated and we want you to make educated decisions. Transparency is the foundation of a successful long-term partnership. You’ll understand how our incentives align with your goals, you’ll build relationships directly with suppliers and developers and your needs will always come first.
We simplify the process of renewable energy procurement: