Driving the transition to net-zero emissions
The transportation sector has now surpassed the power sector as the largest emitter of greenhouse gases (GHGs) in the United States, responsible for over 28%1 of total emissions, and accounts for more than 33% of carbon emissions from end-use sectors globally2. This trend largely is driven by the growth of e-commerce, international shipping, and other activities related to increased globalization. Any organization committed to reducing its climate impact must have a plan to address its transportation footprint. Fortunately, meaningful pathways to reduce transportation emissions are taking hold. 3Degrees helps clients understand the range of solutions and how to best leverage them to meet their unique business needs and sustainability goals.
Partners in Sustainability
How We Help
3Degrees works with organizations to reduce their transportation emissions through custom solutions that balance impact, cost, value, and risk. We combine deep expertise in renewable energy and low carbon fuel markets with a long history of helping organizations of all types reduce GHG emissions.
Our team will work to assess your transportation emissions and customize a best-fit solution to achieve even the most ambitious GHG reduction goals.
Transportation Products and Services
Clean Fuel Standard (CFS) program
- Technical and financial assessment of potential to capture value via low carbon fuel standards markets, including eligibility assessments and carbon intensity calculations
- Management of CFS pathway process from application and certification to credit issuance
- CFS monetization and risk management
- Value maximization using 3Degrees’ proprietary portfolio of zero-emission renewable energy certificates or negative emission renewable natural gas
>> CFS CALCULATOR
Interested in learning how much revenue your organization can generate through the Clean Fuel Standard (CFS)? Try our CFS calculator and see for yourself.
- Electrification and lower-emission clean fuels program development
- Distillation of relevant policies, incentives, and dynamics of the evolving ground transportation sector relevant to your company and fleet
- Infrastructure assessment and charging and fueling solutions
Verified emission reduction projects within the transportation sector
- Investing in carbon offset projects that eliminate GHG emissions within the auto manufacturing supply chain
- Supporting electric vehicle charging in areas without a Clean Fuel Standard (CFS) program
Renewable Energy and Emission Reduction Solutions for Every Transportation Challenge
|Address a sizable transportation footprint with an entirely contracted fleet
|CFS program, investment in transportation industry carbon offset projects
|Take immediate action to mitigate transportation-related emissions while working on a longer-term transition towards fleet electrification and/or low carbon fuels
|Investment in transportation industry carbon offset projects
|Address uncertainty around the ROI associated with developing EV infrastructure
|Customer insights, policy research, strategy development
|Accelerate the transition to low-carbon operations by leveraging local CFS programs
|Develop a long-term decarbonization strategy for owned fleet
|Fleet decarbonization consulting, CFS program
Working at the Nexus of Energy and Transportation
- 3Degrees has over 15 years of award-winning experience in global renewable energy strategy and procurement, carbon reduction services, climate consulting and environmental regulatory policy positions. We develop smart, custom solutions to reduce transportation emissions while balancing cost, value, and risk.
EXPERTS IN MARKET-BASED PROGRAMS
- As pioneers of the renewable energy market with expertise in renewable energy procurement, 3Degrees is uniquely qualified to navigate the evolving market and expertly construct tailored solutions.
EXTENSIVE AND DIVERSE PORTFOLIO OF RENEWABLE POWER AND RENEWABLE NATURAL GAS SUPPLY
- 3Degrees is the #1 supplier of RECs in N. America and a leading supplier of qualifying RECs to the CFS markets.
- We maintain a proprietary portfolio of environmental attributes from more than a dozen livestock biogas facilities and other renewable natural gas projects, several of which support the LCFS market.
GLOBAL IN SCOPE
- As CFS markets proliferate and your organization’s transportation needs expand, 3Degrees is poised to serve your national and international needs.
1 Bloomberg Sustainable Energy in America Factbook: https://www.bcse.org/factbook/
2 IEA Tracking Transport Report: https://www.iea.org/energy-system/transport#tracking