Why Take Action?
Organizations worldwide are feeling rapidly increasing pressure to take meaningful climate action. A wide variety of stakeholders are making it quite clear that decarbonizing business operations is no longer optional – it is essential – for both climate and business resilience.
Climate consulting services for companies at all stages of their sustainability journey
3Degrees’ Energy and Climate Practice helps organizations around the world reduce their scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and achieve their climate targets, such as net zero. We partner with companies at all stages of their sustainability journey, ranging from those who are just getting started to those with well-established climate goals. Our solutions are tailored to each client, but all aim to increase the deployment of decarbonization projects that strike the right balance between sustainability, cost, and risk.
HOW WE HELP
Whether your organization is thinking about setting carbon reduction goals, needs help assessing the best options to meet your global goals, or is ready to implement a decarbonization strategy, 3Degrees can provide customized support all along the way.
1. ESTABLISH BASELINE AND GOALS
- Calculate direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions to model business as usual
- Benchmark industry peers
- Develop scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions reduction goals
- Navigate location-specific rules and regulations across the globe
2. DEVELOP STRATEGY
- Identify potential decarbonization options and assess feasibility
- Complete economic and environmental analyses
- Create a roadmap to achieve climate goals
- Assess fleet electrification strategy
- Develop a carbon portfolio strategy
- Provide training on various reduction pathways
3. IMPLEMENT SOLUTIONS
- Identify cost-effective energy efficiency opportunities
- On-site generation
- Power Purchase Agreements from offsite facilities (PPA, VPPA, green tariffs)
- Thermal fuel switching (green gas, RNG, H2)
- Supplier engagement and carbon reductions in value chain
- Product and packaging innovation
- Certificate purchases (EACS, RECs, and more)
4. MONITOR, REPORT AND COMMUNICATE PROGRESS
- Monitor contract performance
- Track progress toward climate goals
- Create metrics and reporting tools
- Communicate progress to stakeholders
The 3Degrees Difference
Broad experience, deep expertise
We are a global team of engineers, scientists, sustainability managers, renewable energy developers, wholesale energy market experts, and financiers based across North America and Europe. Our deep bench strength across all areas of climate consulting, renewable energy procurement, carbon project developments, and other renewable energy services enables 3Degrees to bring a unique perspective to every client engagement.
We have clients from numerous Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations, cities and municipalities, learning institutions, and beyond. Our holistic approach enables cost-effective, best-fit strategies that are tailored to each client’s specific needs. There is no “one size fits all” option at 3Degrees.
The role of a sustainability partner can be a challenging one. We believe in complete transparency and will always share the good news, as well as the hard truths, with our clients. Together, we will identify strategies which are most likely to succeed in your unique context.
We love our work
We are a group of professionals whose mission is to be of service to those fighting climate change. We’re happy to be your secret sauce, your best set of supporting players, the people behind the curtain.
“As we increased our efforts to help fight climate change, 3Degrees has been an instrumental partner in Freshpet’s sustainability journey. Their multi-disciplined climate science knowledge has allowed us to measure our carbon footprint and take meaningful actions that meet demands of our consumers, investors, and team members.”