PIONEERS IN CLIMATE SOLUTIONS
Above all, 3Degrees owes its endurance, growth, and success to upholding our core values. Each 3Degrees employee shares in the responsibility to know and live out these principles.
Select a value below to learn more.
3Degrees’ commitment to climate action starts close to home.
WE MEASURE AND REPORT OUR GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS
In fact, we’ve been doing so since 2010. See details of our 2022 footprint below, and visit The Climate Registry to see our historic reports.
WE TAKE PROGRAMMATIC ACTIONS TO REDUCE OUR IMPACT
Each year, we implement new programs, policies, or practices as they benefit our business focus at the time. For example:
- We stopped most air travel associated with job candidate interviews well before the pandemic;
- In 2021, we collected sustainability information from a selection of our suppliers to inform action opportunities and our sustainable procurement policy;
- In 2023, we implemented an internal carbon tax valued at $100 per employee, and used the funds to purchase carbon credits from projects that avoid or remove greenhouse gas emissions from the atmosphere.
WE SET LONG-TERM TARGETS
We recently updated our net zero commitment to align with the Science Based Targets Initiative’s program for small and medium enterprises (publication on their website is pending).
WE ENGAGE OUR EMPLOYEES
Through volunteerism, guest speakers, knowledge sharing about sustainability at home, and more, we encourage and enable our employees to act on sustainability at home and at work.
3DEGREES’ 2022 GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS
- The emissions shown in the graph are those determined to be relevant for further action. Not shown:
- After screening all value chain (scope 3) emissions and honing our data collection, most scope 3 emission categories were set aside.
- Scope 1 emissions are 0. Scope 2 market-based emissions are 0 after we retire renewable energy certificates (RECs) for our annual electricity use. Scope 2 location-based emissions are 25mT.
- Emissions are calculated according to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol using an operational control boundary.
3Degrees is led by a team of seasoned industry experts with deep experience in climate action. Read more about our Board of Directors and Leadership team.