3Degrees is the preeminent specialist in renewable energy and climate solutions headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We provide renewable energy and carbon offset solutions to Fortune 500 companies, utilities, universities, and other organizations working to make their operations more sustainable. This commitment to creating change has inspired our mission statement: We make it possible for businesses and their customers to take urgent action on climate change.
As a B Corp, 3Degrees believes that our action on climate change is linked to our larger responsibility of using our business as a force for good. This procurement policy will provide guidance as the company develops specific, measurable rules for purchasing products and services going forward. We have developed this purchasing policy to encourage the purchase and use of materials, products, and services that incorporate environmental, social, community, and performance goals.
Our values of passion, respect, commitment, integrity, and diversity provide the foundation on which this procurement policy is based. These principles highlight our requirement and ambition. Thank you for thoughtfully applying this procurement policy to our work.
– Steve McDougal, CEO
A requirement is non-negotiable and a set standard
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- 3Degrees will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the workplaces, equipment, and processes under the control of our Vendors are safe and without risk to health – including mental health.
ETHICS AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Adverse human rights impacts: Respect for all people is integral to our company values. 3Degrees will not cause or contribute to adverse human rights impacts, including forced or child labor. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to avoid purchasing goods and services from organizations and individuals who cause or contribute to adverse human rights impacts through their activities or the activities of their Vendors.
- Corruption: Integrity is central to the work we do and relationships 3Degrees builds. We expect ourselves and our Vendors to:
- adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct
- abide by local laws, state, and federal laws
- not engage in any form of corrupt practices, including but not limited to extortion, fraud, or bribery.
- 3Degrees complies with existing legislation and regulations regarding the protection of the environment.
- We take a precautionary approach to environmental matters, undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility throughout our operations.
- We seek to engage with Vendors who are companies owned by women, minorities, and other socially and economically disadvantaged individuals.
A commitment is what we strive for when possible
- 3Degrees seeks to foster relationships with the community of which we are members by supporting local businesses.
Preference will be given to Vendors located within 150 miles of the 3Degrees’ regional offices, as well as other certified B Corp business.
We understand that our purchases have an impact on the environment and we seek products that minimize our negative impact. Some steps we take include:
- Reducing our ongoing consumables, such as paper goods and other office supplies.
- Striving to ensure our consumption and operations are as sustainable as possible and to meet or exceed both international and industry best practices.
- Purchasing 100% renewable energy for our offices and purchasing carbon offsets for employee travel.
- Seeking environmentally friendly products that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- At least 50% post-consumer recycled material
- At least 50% rapidly renewable materials
- At least 50% Forest Stewardship Council certified paper products
3Degrees has implemented a Supplier Survey Program, which is intended to track certain characteristics about the organization’s 3Degrees purchases from. The Suppliers (“Vendors”) included in the scope of this program are organizations that serve 3Degrees directly and does not include transactional trading partners (e.g., organizations that provide 3Degrees with commodities that 3Degrees sells).